[Nfd-dev] Maximum FIB size

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:54:16 PDT 2017

Hi Ilane

NFD as of v0.5 has no limit on PIT size. In response to an Interest
flooding attack, it will continue to allocate more PIT entries until the
node is out of memory, after which NFD crashes.
It is an open question on how to manage PIT memory usage. Our current
thinking is to treat this as a congestion control problem. Ideas include
rejecting new Interests with certain probability, and evicting old PIT
entries.
You may watch https://redmine.named-data.net/issues/1301 to receive updates
on this issue.

Yours, Junxiao