[Nfd-dev] Adventures and questions in setting up a ndnping server on the ndn testbed

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.EDU
Sun Sep 11 20:05:36 PDT 2016

Hi Jeff

You published /A/B/C certificate, which has a name starting with
/A/B/KEY/C, on the "ping server".
The "ping server" only has private key for /A/B/C identity, so it cannot
register /A/B/KEY or /A/B.
As a result, the router is unable to retrieve /A/B/C certificate because
there's no FIB entry match /A/B/KEY/C.

If you add /A/B private key onto the "ping server", it registers /A/B
back-route, and /A/B/C certificate would be reachable.
If you want to avoid adding /A/B private key onto the "ping server", move
the repo-ng instance to the machine that has /A/B private key, and keep
that machine running 24x7. This also ensures /A/B/C certificate is
reachable.

Yours, Junxiao