[Nfd-dev] Troubleshooting interest path

Burke, Jeff jburke at remap.ucla.edu
Thu Sep 8 06:54:20 PDT 2016

Hi Davide,

Yes, but doesn’t this approach require:

1) pcap access on each (potential) node in the path (I have this on some but not all)
2) capturing potentially a lot of traffic (if on, say, a testbed node and I did have access)
3) then having to gather all capture records from the various hosts and filter on names/nonces

That’s what I meant by manually instrumenting each node, which I can do for some nodes, but not the testbed nodes. It also seems to require a lot of instrumentation and post-gathering/-filtering (and access) effort that grows quickly as the number of nodes increase.   I guess what I’m looking for is whether anyone has returned to work on something that looks a little more like traceroute in its usage?

Thanks,
Jeff