[Nfd-dev] New ndnSIM release and potential NFD bug investigation.

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis mastorakis at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Oct 12 16:33:49 PDT 2016

All,

as you might know, we have been trying to make a new ndnSIM release (update the used versions of ndn-cxx and NFD to 0.4.1). However, we are facing the following issue:

when we use the NCC strategy (even for the simplest case of one consumer directly connected to a producer) and we have a timeout on the best face (method timeoutOnBestFace of the NCC strategy is called), the lookup operation for a name prefix (when we are given a PIT entry) in the name-tree might fail (the prefix cannot be found in the tree, despite the fact that it seems to be there and a NULL pointer is returned, which will end up to a segmentation fault). I have also tried to apply the following commit, but the name prefix still cannot be found, a NULL pointer is returned by the getEntry method and the assertion in the lookup method that accepts a PIT entry fails:

https://github.com/named-data/NFD/commit/b184e5324df42b13f5e459e1b7f07eb75eb283b0

Attached is a log file with the sequence of operations on the name tree. All the other strategies seem to work fine. Do you have any idea what might be going wrong? Any help would be appreciated, since we are trying to make the new release ASAP.

Thank you,
Spyros

Spyridon (Spyros) Mastorakis
Personal Website: http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/ <http://cs.ucla.edu/~mastorakis/>