[Nfd-dev] NFD choosing one route only

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Tue Nov 29 11:32:29 PST 2016

It depends on the forwarding strategy.  Some strategies (e.g. best route) simply follow the cost assigned by the routing protocol or the operator.  Others (e.g., the new ASF strategy) will probe the available routes in the FIB and pick the best one based on RTT.

However, if the link to the next hop fails), nfd will remove the entry.  So that one won’t be used any strategy.

Lan