[Nfd-dev] working with repo-ng

Wentao Shang wentaoshang at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:10:03 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Mohammad Alhowaidi <malhowaidi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to work with repo-ng , I know to add a file to a repository
> then we need to use ndnputfile, assume I execute the following line
>
> sudo ndnputfile /example/repo/1 /ndn/example/data/1/test.txt test.txt
>
> Then if I wanna request the file then which name the consumer should ask
> for?

/ndn/example/data/1/text.txt is the name that consumers should use. If
you're requesting the file over multiple hops, make sure there is a route
for that name pointing to your repo.

> Also, is there any example for consumer, producer which work with repo-ng?

Any consumer can fetch data from repo-ng by sending normal interests.
Producers need to use the repo-insertion protocol in order to add data
programmatically.

Wentao

PhD @ IRL, CSD, UCLA