[Nfd-dev] Cross compiling ndndump on RPi

Ashlesh Gawande (agawande) agawande at memphis.edu
Tue May 3 14:37:37 PDT 2016

Hi all

I have setup a cross compilation environment based on
http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/ndn-embedded/wiki/Cross-compiling_NDN_projects_for_Raspberry_Pi
and crosstool-ng

ndn-cxx, NFD, NLSR, ping compiles, links and works on RPi.

In ndn-tools I was compiling ping and ndndump.
Ping compiles and links successfully but ndndump fails to link because
libc.a  libm.so  libpthread.a  librt.so not found.
I bring them over from RPi. ndndump compiles, but that does not work (on the Pi).
Backtrace attached.

Also ndn-cxx fails while linking after the files are copied over for compilation of ndndump (waf output attached).
(I copied the *.so and *.a in the same lib folder I use for all the projects).
Anybody have an idea how to resolve this (seems to stem from the libc.a I copied over)?

I can compile ndndump on the Pi (using the cross compiled ndn-cxx library from the same environment) and run it successfully.

Thanks
Ashlesh