[Nfd-dev] ndnsec default identity

Thiago Teixeira tteixeira at engin.umass.edu
Tue Jul 26 07:59:03 PDT 2016

Dear NFD folks,

I recently updated NFD from version '0.2.0' to '0.4.1-28-g25a8407' and I have encountered an issue when starting NFD from a default user.
The command 'nfd-start' is ran by a boot-up script on all nodes in my topology. Then, I login with my user and run ndn applications. The issue is that on NFD 0.2.0 I can run the applications right away; on NFD 0.4.1 I have to manually start nfd on all nodes.

I've run 'ndnsec list -c' and 'ndnsec get-default' on both versions before anything else. Here's the output:
- 0.2.0
    $ ndnsec get-default
    ERROR: SecPublicInfoSqlite3::getDefaultIdentity   no default identity

    $ ndnsec list -c
    <no output>

    $ sudo su
    # ndnsec get-default
    /localhost/operator

- 0.4.1
    $ ndnsec get-default
    ERROR: SecPublicInfoSqlite3::getDefaultIdentity   no default identity

    $ ndnsec list -c
    <no output>

    $ sudo su
    # ndnsec get-default
    /tmp-identity/l%BF%04%02

I wonder if there's a fix for this issue. I'm using the same script for both versions.

Thank you,
Thiago