[Nfd-dev] Client Control Strategy using Best Route Strategy v1

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 13 15:37:52 PST 2016

Hi Vince

client-control strategy is designed to be used on the consumer side only,
because NextHopFaceId can be specified only from local apps. When an
Interest from a non-local face is processed by client-control strategy, the
behavior is undefined. It's an implementation choice to inherit from
best-route v1, the simplest possible strategy.
If inheriting from best-route v4 works better in your experiment, you may
do so.

I don't intend to make any changes on client-control strategy. Eventually
it will be deprecated as part of #2000, and NextHopFaceId should always be
honored regardless of strategy (see NDNLPv2 spec "implementation note").

Yours, Junxiao