[Nfd-dev] generatation of NDN-like packets with Scapy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Jan 6 08:32:03 PST 2016

Hi Salvatore

How about running two NFD instances?

ndnpeek    ndnpoke
   |          |
 NFD1       NFD2
   |          |
 veth1      veth2
   |          |
   your program

You can have two NFD instances running on the same host by specifying different nfd.conf files on “--config” parameter. Each nfd.conf should have distinct Unix socket path and port numbers. If you need to edit nfd.conf in a script, check out infoedit.

Then, have ndnpeek and ndnpoke connect to different NFD instances by specifying different client.conf, like:
mkdir -p /tmp/ndnpoke-home/.ndn
echo transport=unix:/var/run/nfd1.sock > /tmp/ndnpoke-home/.ndn/client.conf
HOME=/tmp/ndnpoke-home ndnpoke /A
mkdir -p /tmp/ndnpeek-home/.ndn
echo transport=unix:/var/run/nfd2.sock > /tmp/ndnpeek-home/.ndn/client.conf
HOME=/tmp/ndnpeek-home ndnpeek /A

Yours, Junxiao