[Nfd-dev] Sample ndnlp fragmentation/reassembly code

Alex Afanasyev aa at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Feb 26 12:17:34 PST 2016

Just to record the discussion we had during NFD call yesterday.

Fragmentation is already enabled in NFD on all datagram faces (ethernet, unicast udp, multicast udp).  However, when it kicks in depends on the "MTU" settings for the face:
- for raw ethernet-based faces, NFD obtains MTU size from the network adapter
- for UDP-based, "MTU" (as it is currently defined) is a maximum size for UDP datagram, i.e., around 64k bytes.

---
Alex