[Nfd-dev] How to use the client control forwarding strategy

Lei Liu bigcatlei at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:36:18 PST 2016

Hi,

Can anyone help to elaborate how to enable the client control forwarding
strategy in NFD?

I understand that by using nfdc, we can set strategy to a name such as:

nfdc set-strategy ndn:/app1/video ndn:/localhost/nfd/strategy/client-control

Then, suppose we have an interest like /app1/video, how can we force it to
be forwarded to a specific face? NFD developer guide mentioned a
NextHopFaceId field in the interest message, but how to enable this feature
and send an interest with a NextHopFaceId field?

Thanks,
Best regards,

Lei