[Nfd-dev] HOWTO solve "undefined symbol" error

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Aug 28 19:30:36 PDT 2016

Hi Davide

OSX has more LD errors than Ubuntu because sometimes the linker can look
for the dynamic library even if you are compiling statically.
This is just my impression.

I suggested sudo ./waf install rather than LD_LIBRARY_PATH because this is
the procedure given in README-dev.md
<https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cxx/blob/cf490555ff26a47c866601f4a11bd8562419ae0b/README-dev.md#running-unit-tests>
.

Yours, Junxiao