[Nfd-dev] Drop a Nack packet for Data?

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Mon Apr 25 16:46:19 PDT 2016

Hi JeffT

ndn-cxx is designed for use with NFD. NFD never sends an LpPacket with Nack
field and Data in the fragment, so it's unnecessary for ndn-cxx to consider
this case.
ndn-cxx will have undefined behavior if the *local* NFD is misbehaving.

NFD, instead, is designed to connect with any NDN forwarder.
NFD correctly drops an LpPacket with Nack field and Data in the fragment.
https://github.com/named-data/NFD/blob/0de23a29c5c46d7134d03361244fb913159e750c/daemon/face/generic-link-service.cpp#L254-L258

Yours, Junxiao