[Nfd-dev] Gerrit rebase a feature branch

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Sep 11 04:58:17 PDT 2015

Dear folks

I have another question on git rebase.

Scenario:

1. On Gerrit, a feature branch is created from master branch commit A.
2. Change B is uploaded into the feature branch, whose parent is commit A.
It's not merged.
3. In master branch, commits C and D are merged after A.
4. I want to rebase Change B on top of commit D.

If I simply do a rebase or cherry-pick and execute `git push origin
HEAD:refs/for/the-feature-branch`, commits C and D would show up in the
review queue in the feature branch. (I didn't try recently but I saw this
happened before)
What should I do to rebase Change B without having to review C and D again?