[Nfd-dev] How to start a certificate chain from scratch

Shuo Chen chenatu2006 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 04:28:44 PST 2015

Hi Yingdi,

My question is that how to sign a cert with the root cert generated by
another host.

Here is my security model

root---------site1----------router1
   |-----------site2----------router2

I installed certificates of root, site1 and router1 in host1.
used ndnsec cert-dump to dump certificate of root in a file.
The I transferred this certificate file into another machine and used
ndnsec cert-install to install the certificate.
All above works well.
Then
$ ndnsec-certgen -N /root/site2 -s /root site2-cert.req |
ndnsec-cert-install -

It shows “ERROR: private key doesn't exists”

-----
Shuo Chen