[Nfd-dev] Clarification needed for NCCStrategy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jul 25 12:29:23 PDT 2015

Hi Navdeep

NCC is a re-implementation of ccnd 0.7.2 forwarding strategy.
The algorithm is summarized at
http://redmine.named-data.net/projects/nfd/wiki/CcndStrategy
The three quoted constants come from CCNx 0.7.2 ccnd.c
<http://www.ccnx.org/releases/ccnx-0.7.2/doc/ccode/html/ccnd_8c_source.html>
line 4236, 1898, 5886.

I do not know the design rationale behind this algorithm, or how these
constants are chosen.
You may be able to obtain more information on ccnx mailing list
<http://www.ccnx.org/mailman/listinfo/ccnx>.

Yours, Junxiao