[Nfd-dev] RTT delay caused by RIB registration commands

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 24 11:38:41 PDT 2015

Hi Lan

Before I can suggest any code patches, additional experiment is needed to
confirm or reject the hypothesis in
http://www.lists.cs.ucla.edu/pipermail/nfd-dev/2015-April/001049.html .

If you want to measure RTT changes due to route changes, one possible way
is to increase the link delay.
When the link delay is 10ms, a 10ms RTT change is 50% and appears
significant.
When the link delay is 500ms, a 10ms RTT change is 1% and appears
negligible.

Yours, Junxiao