[Nfd-dev] LINK spec discussion

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at UCLA.EDU
Mon Sep 15 13:09:40 PDT 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 12:54 PM, Lixia Zhang <lixia at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> top posting: sorry I'm falling behind email; Yingdi reminded me today that there is an exchange going on here.
>
> maybe I read the long msg too quick: I got confused with whether nameA=ndnSIM, or nameA=att in Alex's argument ....
>
> I also do not understand the format of (b) below...
>
> Further, what is "link for encapsulation"...  My understanding says that an encapsulated Data packet includes 2 objects, a LINK and a Data, so what is "link for encapsulation" ?

Please see the named-data.net/downloads/memos/link.pdf spec.  I intentionally did not fully described all the option and listed just a summary of what we currently have in the link.pdf.  All naming is very preliminary, so it could be confusing.

---
Alex