[Nfd-dev] ncc strategy

Syed Obaid Amin obaidasyed at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:24:37 PDT 2014

I cannot say if the patch fixed the Bug 1961 completely, as I don't have
detailed nfd logs with me and without them I cannot trace packets. But it
does improve the results, in terms of RTT. I am going to run the experiment
with DEBUG log level now and will update you about it.

@Junxiao,  I've a few questions regarding NCC can you please explain?

1. The result of old ncc kind of contradicts what you explained earlier. If
an RTT of duplicate data is not getting discarded in old ncc, then why
packet coming via Memphis didn't update the face priorities. What it means
that after bringing down CSU node, the RTT shouldn't stay to 350ms for more
than 2 mins?

2. Did the patch fixed other issues too? As now with the new patch the
strategy doesn't use the best path once it is back again?

3. How face priorities are updated, does the strategy update the the
priorities as soon as the Data packet arrives or it waits for sometime, if
so for how long it waits?

4. Is there any refresh period for reprioritizing the faces?

Thanks,
Obaid