[Nfd-dev] [Ndn-interest] NDN link protocol

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 8 18:28:34 PDT 2014

Dear folks

If a local area network is using regular Ethernet (learn paths from source
MAC address) today, self-learning can work on it.
Self-learning idea also has been tested on a 16-server fat tree topology.

It's not crazy to multicast every packet.
Switches are expected to understand NDN Names and act as NDN forwarders; at
physical layer there's no difference between multicast and unicast.

Yours, Junxiao