[Nfd-dev] Config file for the library

Alex Afanasyev alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu
Sun Mar 23 10:19:23 PDT 2014

Hi guys,

I just merged https://github.com/named-data/ndn-cpp-dev/commit/c07b3a2fabc25bc6ad9d3bf9ffc9df7bf994dd96 commit to ndn-cpp-dev library, which changes how the library selects which protocol to use to register prefixes and where to look for UNIX socket.

NFD=1 and NRD=1 environmental variables are no longer used.  All configuration should be done either using ~/.ndn/client.conf, @SYSCONFDIR@/ndn/client.conf (e.g., /usr/local/etc/ndn/client.conf), or /etc/ndn/client.conf

The sample config file is in root folder of ndn-cpp-dev repo.  Just in case, I'll post it here:

; "unix_socket" specifies the location of the NFD unix socket
unix_socket=/var/run/nfd.sock

; "protocol" deteremines the protocol for prefix registration
; it has a value of:
;   nfd-0.1
;   nrd-0.1
;   ndnd-tlv-0.7