[Nfd-dev] [Ndn-app] NDN-RTC poke Data to CS

Dave Oran (oran) oran at cisco.com
Wed Mar 19 07:52:29 PDT 2014

OK, thanks for the clarification. Test question: how long do you think it will be before somebody jiggers the TCP connection to home on a remote box :-)

Among the implementation options you list below, it seems a fast Repo would be the best way forward, given that the lack of a fast repo would like cause more hacks to migrate either up to the application or down to the forwarder.

One thing you said below did confuse me: "you don't know how long the frames will really stay in the content store.” Don’t all data objects have a timeout? Why would you not set the timeout to the playout deadline established by the application? Or are you concerned about eviction too soon as opposed to them hanging around too long?