[Nfd-dev] Setting up multiple interests.

Syed Obaid Amin obaidasyed at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:25:21 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I was setting up multiple interest filters in an application. If an
interest filter cannot be setup on any one of them then my feeling is the
application should quit by calling face.shutdown. However, doing so may not
result in graceful shutdown and can cause segmentation faults, as the other
interest filter that was successfully set, might be in the middle of some
processing. My question is how to handle such scenarios in a reasonable
way?

One solution might be is to bind one interest filter to one face only but
then both faces should be a part of the event loop. Otherwise, we can also
print warnings instead of calling shutdown, but I don't think users pay
attentions to warnings that much.

I'll appreciate any suggestion in this regard.

Thanks,
Obaid