[Nfd-dev] question about nrd

Lan Wang (lanwang) lanwang at memphis.edu
Wed Mar 12 19:21:49 PDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 8:18 PM, Syed Obaid Amin <obaidasyed at gmail.com<mailto:obaidasyed at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Alex Afanasyev <alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu<mailto:alexander.afanasyev at ucla.edu>> wrote:
Ok. Let's keep separate... But what should I do with the outstanding commits?  Approve and submit without tests and security?  Wait for tests and/or security?

There are other things like a broken logic---right now NRD will always return status 200 success, even if command to NFD will fail.  Should this be fixed before the submission?

We divided the nrd development in several iterations. For iteration 0, the one on the gerrit, nrd just translates the registration commands to the FibCommands. Yes much error checking is not there, especially in the part you mentioned, as this logic going to be changed in later iterations. However, if others decide I can add the error checking. Or you can merge the current version and error checking can be added as a separate feature. Again whatever the majority decides.

Why will the error checking change?  Since you are changing the data structure in the current iteration, I suppose checking the commands from users and the return values from nfd will be the same.

Lan

Regards,
Obaid
---