[Nfd-dev] NFD Design

Beichuan Zhang bzhang at cs.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 3 10:28:32 PST 2014

Haowei and all,

Alex and Junxiao have been updating the design and have done a mockup implementation, which supports a subset of planned functionality and uses simple data structures. The code now can compile and forward packets. The purpose of this mockup design is to make it easier for people to understand the design as well as fill in their code for better performance and more complete functionality.

With the mockup done, the next step is for everyone on this list to help code the rest of NFD. Alex and Junxiao have already created many tasks on redmine. I’m going through them today, and will send out a tentative assignment and schedule by the end of today, so everyone can get started.

We use gerrit.named-data.net for code repository and review, and redmine.named-data.net for project management. The redmine site has links to all the up-to-date information. I highly encourage everyone to take a look at these and get ready for NFD development.

Thanks,

—
beichuan