[Nfd-dev] need volunteer to test EthernetFace on OSX and Boost 1.57

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Wed Dec 17 14:59:59 PST 2014

Hi Josh

Thanks again for your offer.
Since Alex and Davide fail to provide you instructions on how to test this
Change in past 15 days, I'll try to give you some simple instructions.

On hostA (OSX box with Boost 1.57):

   - recompile and install ndn-cxx, latest version from GitHub
   - recompile and install NFD
      - after git clone, use the following command to checkout a branch
      under review:
      git fetch http://gerrit.named-data.net/NFD refs/changes/44/1444/5 &&
      git checkout FETCH_HEAD
      - then compile and install as usual
   - recompile and install ndn-tlv-ping, latest version from GitHub

On hostB (either another OSX with Boost 1.57, or any Ubuntu version):

   - recompile and install ndn-cxx, latest version from GitHub
   - recompile and install NFD
      - after git clone, use the following command to checkout a branch
      under review:
      git fetch http://gerrit.named-data.net/NFD refs/changes/44/1444/5 &&
      git checkout FETCH_HEAD
      - then compile and install as usual
   - recompile and install ndn-tlv-ping, latest version from GitHub

   1. on both hosts: execute `nfd-start`
   2. on hostA: execute `nfd-status -f | grep 'dev='`, find the number
   after "id="
   3. on hostA: execute `nfdc register /A 8888`, substitute 8888 with the
   number found in step 2
   4. on hostB: run `ndnpingserver /A`
   5. on hostA: run `ndnping /A`, and press CTRL+C after about 20 seconds

Report back with the output from step 3~5.

Yours, Junxiao