[Nfd-dev] NDN traffic generator

NAREN N nnaren1902 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 10:57:29 PST 2014

Hello everyone,
I was running some experiments for a course project and was using NDN
traffic generator to measure of the performance and how each factor
contributes to the performance of the NFD.
However, I noticed something weird during the experiments.

When having the interestlifetime=100ms and the freshness period=100ms same
between the runs, and also the contents of the data packet being the same,
I ran the traffic generator for different burst rates. Here are the rates

>1 interest / second -----> RTT=71ms and InterstLoss = 20%
>10 interests/second------> RTT=27ms and interestLoss = 1%
> 100 interests/second -------> RTT=13ms and interestLoss = 0%
>1000 interests/second ------>RTT=22ms and interestLoss=0%

So I was wondering why would the roundtrip time decrease with increase in
Interest rate?? I have a feeling this has something do with the traffic
generator logger code, which isn't reporting the RTT properly...

Also I see a interest loss when the Interest rate is lower, which is
completely weird. I was expecting the interest loss to be higher when there
was a burst of interests but this is opposite to what I was expecting.

Any help would be appreciated with this!

regards,
Naren