[ndnSIM] Error while running GitHub cloned repository in ndnSim

surath maloth surathmaloth555 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 04:09:13 PDT 2024

Hii All,

I have installed ndnSIm in my system. I have cloned a repository from
GitHub in a separate directory beside ns-3 and pybindgen.
Now I want to simulate the GitHub scenarios but it's not linking to the
ndnSim or ns-3. The waf file and wscript file are old versions.
There is a error like:-

aarif at aarif-VirtualBox:~/ndnSIM/NDN-Original-Cache-Poisoning-Scenarios$
./waf configure
Setting top to                           :
/home/aarif/ndnSIM/NDN-Original-Cache-Poisoning-Scenarios
Setting out to                           :
/home/aarif/ndnSIM/NDN-Original-Cache-Poisoning-Scenarios/build
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -std=c++11
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -Wall -O2 -g
Checking for program 'pkg-config'        : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for pkg-config version >= '0.0.0' : yes
Checking for ns3-core                      : not found
NS-3 or one of the required NS-3 modules not found
NS-3 needs to be compiled and installed somewhere.  You may need also to
set PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable in order for configure find installed NS-3.
For example:
    PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH ./waf
configure

(complete log in
/home/aarif/ndnSIM/NDN-Original-Cache-Poisoning-Scenarios/build/config.log)

Please guide me oh how to run GitHub repos in ndnSim