[ndnSIM] An error when running scenario

李怿曈 Yitong LI yitongli at hkust-gz.edu.cn
Wed Apr 3 01:25:38 PDT 2024

Hi all,

I’ve installed ndnSIM and tested it using example code. But when I tried to run some example codes from the online documentation and my own scenarios, it will appears the same error. For some programs, it will appear immediately when executing them, some other programs will show this error after visualization module is loaded and run for a few seconds. I’ve attached the log below and my source code. I appreciate your help!

caster at ubuntu:~/ndnSim/ns-3$ ./waf --run ndn-random --visualize
Waf: Entering directory `/home/caster/ndnSim/ns-3/build'
Waf: Leaving directory `/home/caster/ndnSim/ns-3/build'
Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
'build' finished successfully (3.593s)
assert failed. cond="uid != 0", msg="Assert in TypeId::LookupByName: 0:100 not found", +0.000000000s -1 file=../src/core/model/type-id.cc, line=834
terminate called without an active exception
Command ['/home/caster/ndnSim/ns-3/build/scratch/ndn-random', '--SimulatorImplementationType=ns3::VisualSimulatorImpl'] terminated with signal SIGIOT. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --gdb”).
Thanks,
Caster