[ndnSIM] App::OnData(data) is not called when Data Arrives

Puming Fang pfang at umass.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:11:32 PDT 2023

Dear NDN team,

I am currently working with ndnsim and have a query regarding the handling of Interest and Data packets. While attempting to implement certain operations upon the arrival of these packets, I have noticed that while the "App::OnInterest(Interest)" function works as expected, the "App::OnData(Data)" function does not seem to be called when the Data packet arrives. My intention is to log some information upon the arrival of Data packets.

I can confirm that the Data packets are indeed arriving at the node and being forwarded correctly. Could you please advise me on what could be causing this issue?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best,
Puming