[ndnSIM] error : assignment of member 'ndn::Interest::TSI ' in read only object

SUBODH MISHRA 1911602 at iiitdmj.ac.in
Sat Nov 26 20:32:31 PST 2022

Dear Researchers
Greeting!
I want to count the number  of intermediate nodes the interest packet
passes before reaching the producer.
So, I declared the function *IncrementTSI *in *Interest.hpp* as follows
                                  *  void IncrementTSI() const;*
I defined  this function in the *Interest.cpp* class to increment the
private variable *TSI* of *Interest* class (*TSI *is initialized as 0 from
the consumer application) .The definition of *IncrementTSI  *in*
Interest.cpp*is as follows;
                             *void Interest:: IncrementTSI() const*
*                               {*
*                                   TSI = TSI +1;*
*                                } *
In the *Forwarder::onIncomingInterest* function I simply called this
*IncrementTSI
() *to increment the value of *TSI * to record the number of nodes
travelled by the *Interest * packet before reaching the producer:-

  *interest.IncrementTSI();*

It throws the following error:-
error: assignment of member 'ndn::Interest::TSI' in read-only object
399| TSI = TSI+1;

Please help me to remove this error

Thanks & Regards
Subodh Mishra

Research Scholar (Ph.D),
PDPM-Indian Institute of Information Technology,
Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur

Email: 1911602 [at] iiitdmj [dot] ac [dot] in ,
           subodhkmishra [at] gmail [dot] com