[ndnSIM] [EXT] Unconsumed Interest packet(Persistent Interests)

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at arizona.edu
Fri Nov 18 13:30:13 PST 2022

HI Toru

This is impossible because it violates NDN flow balance principle.
https://named-data.net/project/ndn-design-principles/

The NDN way of creating a persistent filter to receive matching data over a
period of time is to use the PSync partial sync protocol.
In PSync partial sync protocol, the data receiver subscribes to one or more
topics.
As long as the subscription is alive, publications that match these topics
would come to the data receiver automatically.

Yours, Junxiao