[ndnSIM] Printing timestamps with a message for a simulation

Sai Gautam Mandapati saigautam96 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 17:58:04 PDT 2022

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well. I have a question for you and need some clarification.
So, in my simulation, I'm trying to build a network where specific nodes
start sending the packets at a particular time and stop. So, I'm trying to
print an exact simulation time with a message in the terminal. I have tried
putting the statement: *std::cout << Simulator::Now() <<" print this" <<
std::endl;* in the loop where my nodes are present, but all I get is 0.0ns
as that is the setting up time of the code before the loop starts. Can
anyone please guide me on how to get what I want? I appreciate any help you
can provide.

--

*Sai Gautam Mandapati*

Deakin University