[ndnSIM] [EXT] Custom Cache replacement policy

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 11 06:41:02 PST 2022

Hi Subodh

See answers inline.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022, 09:29 SUBODH MISHRA via ndnSIM <
ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> *External Email*
> Dear Researchers,
> Respect to your hard works and passion
>  I am implementing one of the replacement policy in ndnSIM(lru and
> priority_fifo is already implemented) of which i need the following
> information of the content inside the replacement policy.:-
>
> 1)Time of generation(by the producer) of contents present in the content
> store.

This is not possible to know in general, because in NDN protocol, the Data
packet is not required to carry content generation time.
For specific applications, you can arrange the application to put an
extension TLV field in the MetaInfo of its Data packets, that carries the
content generation time.

> 2)Number of requests of the contents present in the content store.

You can maintain a counter associated with each CS entry, and increment
this counter every time you process a request.

> 3)Time at which the contents are cached in the content store.

You can define a timestamp associated with each CS entry, assigned during
insertion.

> 4)Time of last request of the contents in the content store

You can define a timestamp associated with each CS entry, updated when you
process each Interest.