[ndnSIM] [EXT]Re: customise PIT size

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sat Jun 25 07:39:43 PDT 2022

Hi Sai

The forwarding plane in ndnSIM does not enforce PIT capacity limit.
Every unsatisfied Interest will stay in the PIT until InterestLifetime has
elapsed.
If the host machine has insufficient RAM to accommodate these PIT entries,
the simulation crashes.

If a forwarder is enforcing PIT capacity limit, having too many unsatisfied
Interests would either cause new Interests to be rejected or cause old PIT
entries to be evicted, depending on the design of the forwarding plane.

Yours, Junxiao