[ndnSIM] [EXT]Re: customise PIT size

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Fri Jun 24 14:32:31 PDT 2022

Hi Sai

As defined in NDN protocol, the PIT entry is deleted under these two
conditions, whichever occurs earlier:

   - Incoming Data packet satisfies the PIT entry.
   - InterestLifetime has elapsed since the last time an Interest matching
   the PIT entry is received.

Hence,

   - If the Interests are being satisfied by Data, InterestLifetime does
   not affect PIT size much.
   - If the Interests are not being satisfied, higher InterestLifetime
   results in larger PIT size.

Yours, Junxiao