[ndnSIM] Assert failed

sai gautams saigautam96 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 19:52:20 PST 2021

Hi everyone,

I hope this email finds you well. I have a question. When I try to run my
code I get a message: assert failed. cond="!m_metadataSkipped", msg="Error:
attempting to enable the packet metadata subsystem too late in the
simulation, which is not allowed.
A common cause for this problem is to enable ASCII tracing after sending
any packets.  One way to fix this problem is to call
ns3::PacketMetadata::Enable () near the beginning of the program, before
any packets are sent.", file=../src/network/model/packet-metadata.cc,
line=55
terminate called without an active exception.

I tried running it through gdb but there seems to be no bugs found. Can
anyone please help me out? Thank you so much.

Best Regards,

*Sai Gautam Mandapati*

Deakin University