[ndnSIM] Cache placement strategies in ndnSIM

Ygor Amaral ygor.amaral at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 14:10:17 PDT 2021

Hi Amber,

ndnSIM uses ns-3 (https://www.nsnam.org/) and the official tools of the NDN
project (https://named-data.net/codebase/platform/). I recommend studying
both to achieve your goal.

The Content Store is inside the NFD. So, read the NFD Forwarder technical
report first.

Section 3.3 Content Store (CS).

Source code of Content Store:  ndnSIM/ns-3/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/table

I don't know of any ns-3 modules of openflow that are compatible with NDN,
however, you can use ofswitch13 (http://www.lrc.ic.unicamp.br/ofswitch13/)
and with some programming effort make it compatible.

Regards,
Ygor Amaral