[ndnSIM] [EXT] Can we access ns3 packet tags in forwarder.cc

Sonia zohanoor67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 23:25:36 PDT 2021

Hi Atif,

Thank you for the explanation. Actually, I want to see the relationship
between the life of wireless links (connection) and SNR along with some
other parameters among mobile nodes. I need this information to design a
forwarding strategy.

Concluding all this, I would say that, may be you will be able to fetch the
SNR tag value using Junxiao solution but when you will extract its value,
it will be 0 in most of the cases.

I am trying to get it using one of the methods mentioned by Junxiao. I
don't think only packets with 0 SNR are sent to the upper layers. If the
SNR value is under the acceptable range (below a threshold value), the
packets are accepted and sent to the upper layer.
At the mac layer, I can see all the packets have a certain SNR value, I
didn't see any 0 value. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please do share your experience once you done with the experiments.
I will for sure.

Thank you for the help.