[ndnSIM] latency measurement

Ygor Amaral ygor.amaral at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 09:41:20 PDT 2021

Hi Pierre,

The AppDelayTracer is an application-level trace. It actually gives you the
delay, however, I think you want this information inside the NFD
(router-level).

NFD forward packets based on the PIT state information set up by the
Interests at each hop.

Thus, you can calculate the delay between receiving the interest packet and
its respective data packet.

This has been done in ASF-Strategy. You can see how it has been implemented
to create your own version.

Source code path:
     - ndnSIM/ns-3/src/ndnSIM/NFD/daemon/fw/asf-*

Regards,
Ygor Amaral