[ndnSIM] HopCount for cached Data

DJEMAA Adel a_djemaa at esi.dz
Tue Apr 27 07:03:11 PDT 2021

Hi,
the hop count for data packet as is implemented in ndnSIM, starts from
where the matching data is retrieved, wherever from the CS of a router or
from the original producer, therefore your observation might be wrong
except in case the router and the original nodes are the same or have the
same hop count to the consumer.
Hope this helps.
Regards.

Le mar. 27 avr. 2021 à 10:52, Hussein AlOmaisi via ndnSIM <
ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am working on VANET scenario. I can see that the hop count of a data
> packet that is provided from a content store of an intermediate node is
> always the same as the hop count of a data packet from the original
> producer. Could I get your comments on this issue?
>

> Best regards,
> Hussein

Mr DJAMA Adel
Phd student