[ndnSIM] Not able to visualise the simulated code

Ygor Amaral ygor.amaral at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:38:36 PDT 2021

Hi Sai,

I think the documentation does not explain in this way how you configured
it. But in summary...

To configure in debug mode:
     - ./waf configure (or ./waf configure -d debug)

     ---- Summary of optional NS-3 features (CONFIGURE OUTPUT):
     Build profile                 : debug

To configure in optimized mode:
     - ./waf configure -d optimized

     ---- Summary of optional NS-3 features: (CONFIGURE OUTPUT)
     Build profile                 : optimized

Regards,
Ygor Amaral

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 12:37 AM sai gautams <saigautam96 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ygor,
>
> Thank you for the information. I tried compiling in the debugging
> mode(./waf configure --debug) as given in ndnSIM documentation. But it is
> throwing me an error of no such option.
>
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 5:45 AM Ygor Amaral <ygor.amaral at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sai,
>>
>> This output log did not give much information.
>>
>> Did you compile ndnSIM in debug or optimized mode? In the development
>> stage, prefer the debug mode, use the optimized mode only for the final
>> simulation.
>>
>> I do not believe that the error is the number of nodes. If you are a new
>> user, the first tip is to read the ns3 and ndnSIM documentation.
>>
>> To try to solve this problem, read about the log module of ns-3, it will
>> help you to find the problem.
>> https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.33/tutorial/html/tweaking.html#using-the-logging-module
>>
>> If you use any C ++ IDE (e.g.: Eclipse, CLion ...), you can do remote
>> debugging to use breakpoints and other interesting debug features provided
>> by these IDEs.
>>
>> So, you would run as follows:
>>
>> ./waf --command-template="gdbserver localhost:1234 %s" --run=ndn-complex
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ygor Amaral
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 4:21 AM sai gautams via ndnSIM <
>> ndnsim at lists.cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
>>

>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> I tried to write a code with 20 nodes (P2P) but when I try to visualize
>>> its build but for some reason, I couldn't. Can someone help me with this
>>> issue? I'm new to ndnSIM.
>>>
>>> ./waf --run=ndn-complex --vis
>>> Waf: Entering directory `/home/smandapati/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
>>> [2772/3269] Compiling src/ndnSIM/examples/ndn-complex.cpp
>>> [3227/3269] Linking build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-complex-debug
>>> Waf: Leaving directory `/home/smandapati/ndnSIM/ns-3/build'
>>> Build commands will be stored in build/compile_commands.json
>>> 'build' finished successfully (7.654s)
>>> Command
>>> ['/home/smandapati/ndnSIM/ns-3/build/src/ndnSIM/examples/ns3-dev-ndn-complex-debug',