[ndnSIM] Not able to visualise the simulated code

Ygor Amaral ygor.amaral at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 12:45:29 PDT 2021

Hi Sai,

This output log did not give much information.

Did you compile ndnSIM in debug or optimized mode? In the development
stage, prefer the debug mode, use the optimized mode only for the final
simulation.

I do not believe that the error is the number of nodes. If you are a new
user, the first tip is to read the ns3 and ndnSIM documentation.

To try to solve this problem, read about the log module of ns-3, it will
help you to find the problem.
https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.33/tutorial/html/tweaking.html#using-the-logging-module

If you use any C ++ IDE (e.g.: Eclipse, CLion ...), you can do remote
debugging to use breakpoints and other interesting debug features provided
by these IDEs.

So, you would run as follows:

./waf --command-template="gdbserver localhost:1234 %s" --run=ndn-complex

Regards,
Ygor Amaral