[ndnSIM] [EXT]Re: Self-learning strategy not working properly

Teng Liang philoliang at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 21 18:51:25 PDT 2020

Dear Andrew,

In NFD, the self-learning strategy relies on the RIB manager to manage FIB
updates, and the RIB manager is running on a separate thread. In ndnSIM,
the RIB manager/thread seems not to be imported with NFD, hence the
self-learning strategy cannot work. One possible solution is to modify the
self-learning strategy to update FIB directly instead of relying on the RIB
manager in ndnSIM (by replacing code snippets start with *runOnRibIoService*
).

Best regards,
Teng