[ndnSIM] [EXT]Re: Simulating using Transit-Stub (TS) topology for IoT simulation

Junxiao Shi shijunxiao at email.arizona.edu
Sun Sep 13 18:21:23 PDT 2020

Hi Samar

I assume by "create and edit manually" you mean, you think you have to
manually enter node parameters into a GUI editor or spreadsheet.
Then, there's good news: in ns-3, you can programmatically create the
topology instead of using a GUI editor or spreadsheet.

   1. Invoke NodeContainer::Create
   <https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.31/doxygen/classns3_1_1_node_container.html#a787f059e2813e8b951cc6914d11dfe69>
   function to create some nodes.
   2. Use PointToPointHelper
   <https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.31/doxygen/classns3_1_1_point_to_point_helper.html>
   or another link type helper to create links.
   3. Assign coordinates to each node with a position allocator such as
   GridPositionAllocator
   <https://www.nsnam.org/docs/release/3.31/doxygen/classns3_1_1_grid_position_allocator.html>
   .

Yours, Junxiao