[ndnSIM] understanding l3trace In and Out packets

Pawan Subedi psubedi at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Sep 8 12:21:19 PDT 2020

Dear ndnSim team,

I was having a hard time understanding the meaning of In and Out packets at
the faces for L3 traces. I checked the webpage
https://ndnsim.net/2.2/metric.html but was unable to clear my doubts.
Would you please help me verify if the following statements are
correct/false regarding the faces and In/Out packet type:
-InInterests (or InData or InSatisfiedInterests) at appFace means the
packet coming from Application layer to NDN layer. (In to the L3?)
-InInterest (or InData or InSatisfiedInterests) at netDeviceFace means the
packet coming from Netdevice layer to NDN layer. (In to the L3?)

Thank you for your great guidance always.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Pawan Subedi