[ndnSIM] Add new packet to ndnSIM

Natialia Az natialiaaz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 23:53:56 PDT 2020

Hi everyone,
Dear members, I am new to ndnsim,
I have installed ndnsim 2.8 and run the examples so far, I tried to add a
new packet but all the time, I tried to modify a red screen full of errors
ready to welcome, I am stuck from where I can start. My target in this
regard are:
How can I add a new type of packet to the ndnsim architecture other than
Interest and data packet ?
how I can add a suppression mechanism to (interest/data) forwarding by
using a defer timer?
A humble request to the experts to guide me in this regard.
Uptil now: I understand from the discussion in the mailing list and other
Internet resources, for suppression I have to add some functionality to the
forwarder and strategy files of ndnsim, but did not get how to modify it.
As far as new packet type is concerned, I get nothing other than some
articles who used additional fields in Interest.
A humble request to the dignified and respectable members here to guide me
so I can start work in this regard and meet the requirements
 Thanks to all in anticipation.
*Natialia*