[ndnSIM] Using tap bridge in ndnSIM

Raman Singh RASINGH at tcd.ie
Thu Oct 22 12:43:57 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,

I used Docker container with ns-3 using tap bridge arrangement. I used IP addressing to route data from docker containers through ns-3 network (I used ns3::GlobalRouteManager::PopulateRoutingTables() for routing).

Now, I want to replace ns-3 with ndnSIM as I am experimenting on named data networking. I connected each ndnSIM node with one docker container (using tap bridge). But because, there is no Internet stack installed, IP communication through ndn network is not going through. I tried to use both, I installed IP stack, assigned IP address to ndnSIM node, and tried to route using global routing, but at a time only one is working among ndn and IP network.  What could be the solution for this problem. I want to communicate docker container through ndnSIM nodes and wants to keep consumer/producer behavior also on the same time.

I am feeling stuck here, please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You Very Much......

With Regards

Dr. Raman Singh
Research Fellow (Post Doctoral Fellow),
Office: 2.14, Distributed Systems Group Lab,
Lloyd Institute, School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Contact No. +353873861573