[ndnSIM] Configuration failed while building NFD

Swetha B swetab26 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:43:07 PDT 2020

Hi all,
I have cloned NFD repository from my gerrit account. While building NFD i
am facing problem. I don't understand how to set the pkg_config_ path
variable as suggested in NFD guide below

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/custom/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

snapshot of the same is as below

swetha at swetha-Ubuntu:~/NFD$ ./waf configure --with-tests
Setting top to                           : /home/swetha/NFD
Setting out to                           : /home/swetha/NFD/build
Checking for 'g++' (C++ compiler)        : /usr/bin/g++
Checking C++ compiler version            : 7.5.0
Checking supported CXXFLAGS              : -std=c++14
Checking supported LINKFLAGS             : -fuse-ld=gold
Checking for program 'doxygen'           : /usr/bin/doxygen
Checking for program 'tar'               : /bin/tar
Checking for program 'sphinx-build'      : /usr/bin/sphinx-build
Checking for program 'bash'              : /bin/bash
Checking for program 'pkg-config'        : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for 'libndn-cxx'                : not found
The configuration failed
(complete log in /home/swetha/NFD/build/config.log)

please guide me the correct way to proceed futher.

Regards
Swetha B.
Reserach scholar